We have had some questions about whether we are still open for business and conducting forensic interviews during this time of social distancing. The answer is yes. The safety of children is a priority. The change in their routine, care, home confinement, etc., can cause a change in behavior and put them at a higher risk of abuse. Here are the guidelines we are using at this time:
- It is business as usual for forensic interviews providing the child has been fever free without medication for 24 hours. We ask for MDT assistance in assessing this prior to scheduling. We will assess while on-site as well.
- We request only one caretaker bring only the victim child(ren).
- We will be spacing our interviews out a little further to allow for extra cleaning between interviews.
- We ask that MDT also attend only if they are not ill and have been fever free without medication for 24 hours.
- We ask you to consider delaying non-emergency interviews if you want to attend the interview and have been in contact with a co-worker or have a family member that is exhibiting signs of a respiratory illness or fever.
- We are making available to the family and MDT information on COVID-19 and the use of hand sanitizer while on site.
- Counseling has been discontinued at this time however families may expect some contact via phone.
- All in-person meetings, including Case Reviews will be conducted via web conferencing. A few already scheduled have been put on hold until such time it can be determined all partners have access to do this.
- Community and fundraising events have been cancelled at this time, some expected to be rescheduled.
We thank you for grace and understanding and know that there is great struggle on your end as well. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out. Our office will remain open at this time.